Canberra is one of the most beautiful, cleanest, secure and hospitable capital city in the world. Among its attractions include; Australian War Memorial, Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House, Parliament House, National Gallery of Australia, National Film and Sound Archive, National Capital Exhibition, and The Royal Australian Mint.
Canberra is home to some of the most elaborate national events including the National Folk Festival, Floriade (flower festival) and the Canberra Balloon Festival. the Prime Minister’s official residence is known as the ‘The Lodge’.
1. Canberra the cultural capital of Australia
Culture? Museums? Theatres? Are these what you look for in a Canberra? Then Canberra won’t disappoint you.
With a large population of public sector workers, academics, and students, Canberrans are a well-educated bunch and so art galleries, concerts, exhibitions are frequented by locals just as much visitors to the city. Start the day at Bookplate, the National Library of Australia’s airy cafe, best in the morning when the light floods through Leonard French’s chunky colored-glass windows. Whether you’re interested in Indigenous culture or the early European settlers, you’re sure to learn a lot. The museum is huge and you can easily spend an entire day there. See the country and people through the eyes of the artists, and experience Australian character through sound and film, books and exhibitions.
2. Festivals and events in Canberra
Canberra definitely doesn’t need an excuse to celebrate. It celebrates anything and everything with exciting festivals and events throughout the year.
From picnic races to country fairs, farm fresh produce markets, sporting events, food and wine festivals, shows and exhibitions, fishing tournaments and more, you’ll always find a great reason to escape to the Tablelands.
When visitors come to Canberra, they are surprised by the range of events held in the Canberra each weekend. The following are just 5 of the most popular events and festivals.
- Tulip Top Festival (16th September – 15th October) is another floral spectacular held over the border in NSW at the same time as Floriade. This sea of tulips underneath blossoming trees is located on a private property in Sutton, lovingly cared for by a family who spends all year preparing for the opening.
- Australia Day in the Capital (26th January) is held at Commonwealth Park with an Aussie BBQ Breakfast, children’s rides, concerts on Stage 88 and good ol’ Aussie fun for the whole family.
- The National Multicultural Festival (17th – 19th February) is a 3-day event held in the center of Canberra’s CBD. Hundreds of international food stalls and cultural performances and displays. Over 250,000 people visit the festival over 3 days.
- New Year’s Eve in the City (31st December) is a huge event held in two locations across the city. Civic Square has a family concert with national acts before the 9 pm and midnight fireworks.
- Enlighten Festival (3th -12th March) is a highlight of the event calendar where national landmarks are lit up in architectural projections. Parliament House, the National Library and other iconic buildings lit up with projections by night. There are daily events, tours, entertainment and the popular Night Noodle Markets to enjoy throughout the festival.
3. Canberra’s Food and Wine
Canberra is a foodie lovers dream. With local markets selling fresh produce straight from the farm, wineries in the surrounding hills, local breweries opening their doors and award-winning restaurants in the city – there is something in the Capital for everyone. There are also coffee producers who have locals lining up for their tasty blend, as well as food trucks cooking up delicious fare into the night. There are also night food markets to stock up on fresh supplies and spicy food by the fire drums. you Must need an empty stomach when you are exploring Canberra’s foodie scene. There are so many food festivals are celebrated in Canberra like Canberra truffle Day and The world Curry Day. If You are food lover you Definitely Love Canberra.
For All these events and places you need a transportation Service and Travego will help you For your Transportation in Canberra. Travego – Experienced chauffeured transfers solution For all Australian Transportation. Our friendly professional drivers will get you to your destination safely and on time.